Friday, July 21, 2017

Arriving to Global Congress

July 16, 2017
By: Lexi Silverman

I've created such a strong bond with Shir's family that it broke my heart having to leave without a final goodbye on the morning we left for Congress. But it isn't a final goodbye it's just a see you later (להתראות).I know I'll be back one day in Israel so I can see all of Shir's family's energetic children and kind husbands. Shir's family has made such a remarkable impact on my life in ways I never thought they would. With open arms and hearts they accepted me into their home and made me part of their family.  Of course the language barrier was hard at times but we overcame words with actions of love and laughter. 


After a few hour drive with a couple of pit stops, we made it to Kibbutz Gadot where Johannesburg, Toronto, Metro West, and their partnerships met us. We were greeted by a whole variety of people from all over the world at our opening ceremony where we ate, socialized and networked. We then went back to our Kibbutz had a short magal and time to network. It was an energetic, amazing, and eyeopening day, and I'm so excited to see how the rest of Global Congress plays out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment