Wednesday, July 5, 2017

We're here Jerusalem!

July 5, 2017

By: Danielle Stein

Summary: We drove from Tel Aviv to the outskirts of Jerusalem and did a downhill hike through to the valley. We saw a lot of pine trees that have been planted on the hills and learned more about the nature in the area. The boys also put their feet in a pond there. We then went to the shuk to have a culinary tour with 7 stops along the way including ice cream, dumplings, pita bread, etc. We then had some free time there to buy what we wanted and headed to our hostel for the next two nights.

"Today my nose won't get sunburnt" -Howard Silverman (wears blue zinc on nose)
Hike on outskirts of Jerusalem:
"The water on the hike was surprisingly wet when I put my feet in" -Charlie Shapiro
Food tour in Jerusalem shuk:
"I had four meals for lunch. Also, the water was really cold but it was really hot outside so overall it was in the middle" -Jared Hurwitz
"I had lots of fun bonding with the guy who helped me make pita bread. He showed me how to slap the dough against the oven and how they take it out. Then they cover it with oil and throw the zatar (spice) on. He also told me if I came back I could get a job there" -Abigail Lerman
Free time in shuk:
"I got a super hot pepper and it was painful but I liked it a lot" -Ethan Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment