Friday, July 21, 2017

Shabbat Shalom from Ashkelon

Shabbat Shalom!
July 14-15, 2017
By: Daniel Polsky

Life at Amit's

Living at Amit's house was one of the highlights of my trip. His family treated me like one of their own sons. They made sure I never was hungry..... like ever. The amount of food I ate while I stayed with Amit's family was probably unhealthy, but it was an amazing experience. The father loved to have cookouts, and grilled chicken heart was his specialty. Amit's mother enjoyed making Nutella crepes every morning for breakfast. 

Shabbat was a welcoming experience. Some of Amit's family, Aunts and uncles and grandparents, came over for Shabbat dinner. We all sat together at a table as Amit's father said the prayers. It was shockingly similar to my Shabbat dinner's with my family in Maryland. 


When the last day arrived I wasn't ready to leave. I had such an amazing time with Amit and his family, and I didn't want to leave. The week had gone by so quickly, and I know I'll always have family in israel when I come back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment