Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Community Week Day 1

July 8, 2019
By: Max Goldman


Picture the scene: A 17-year-old boy hastily wakes up at 7:45 after finally achieving a full nights sleep without the intervention of the ruthless peacocks that lived at the Bedouin tents. The day begins at the volunteer center with a check in of our first time with our host families. Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed my first night, as Omer’s family is both gracious and extremely sweet. Then, we went to the Baltimore Park, which was built by both Israelis from Ashkelon and Americans, such as the Getz’s. The mosaics there were stunning and we enjoyed a nice game of catch as well. After returning, we learned a mandatory Diller lesson and ate some Israeli Pizza Hut. But then, it happened. Man met his greatest foe yet: the jellyfish. As we learned how to surf in the sea, we smiled as we hilariously failed over and over. However, the jellyfish had different plans. As I, once again, struggled to stand up, I fell off my surfboard into the water where a whole jelly was waiting to cover my whole forearm. Pain rushed through my arm, and I realized that jellyfish were not as wonderful as Spongebob portrayed them. They were officially added to my list of least favorite things, right in front of peacocks. Thankfully, a woman had a cream that apparently did something, but I was too busy screaming expletives to express my complex feelings. At least it’s an awesome story. We then returned home and relaxed for a fun night. What a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment